Thursday, February 22, 2007

Today is a Day of Independence

I associate today with the scene in the Wizard of OZ after the house falls on the wicked witch. All of the munchkins are celebrating, and then the mayor shows up casting a shadow on their celebration, then the munchkin says "As coroner I've thoroughly examined her, not only is she merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead." After that, the party really gets going and the lullabye league does their thing.

I'm not reaally sure why this particular reference comes to mind, except perhaps that my ex-husband kind of looks like a munchkin and maybe that got my mind going in that direction. Today a sat down with Sister Mary Lou at the Metropolitan Tribunal in Boston and she OK'd my annullment. There is still some process to be had in the church, but my part of the task is complete.

Like all the munchkins, I was celebrating when the house fell on the witch (ironically that is a good analogy for what ended the marraige). I've had a feeling of closure for quite some time, but there's something about having the church thoroughly examine the marraige and call it dead. Besides, this sets things up for the next scene, with the yellow brick road and the cowardly lion and all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home