Saturday, March 24, 2007

Why I din't update the blog for awhile



I've been busy. This picture probably implicates me in a number of safety violations, but there really isn't anyone reading this anyway. I've been working straight through most weekends and this shot was taken the Friday before St. Patty's Day. The next day I came in and worked up a reaction which contained 25 grams of tetrakis(trifluoromethyl) 1,3-dithetane (a stinky compound). My hood stopped working mid-way through the workup, and the stink made its way all the way down the hall and into the other building. After completing the workup, I had to run another one of these columns right away to purify the compound. I felt pretty lousy by the time I was finished, since I never really enjoyed the solvent high. Anybody who likes huffing ether is easily amused. I went home, opened a beer, and made Jamaicain Jerk pork and rice for dinner. Either the Jerk sauce was little too hot, or the pork was on its way out, because the next morning I wasn't feeling so great. All in all, it would have been better for my health if I had started drinking at noon and had a giant plate of corned beef and cabbage for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home